A hollow vessel or dish, to hold water for washing, and for various other uses.
- An open, shallow, usually round container used especially for holding liquids.
- The amount that such a vessel can hold.
- A washbowl; a sink.
- An artificially enclosed area of a river or harbor designed so that the water level remains unaffected by tidal changes.
- A small enclosed or partly enclosed body of water.
- A region drained by a single river system: the Amazon basin.
- Geology A broad tract of land in which the rock strata are tilted toward a common center.
- Geology A large, bowl-shaped depression in the surface of the land or ocean floor.