A small and rather deep collection of (usually) fresh water, as one supplied by a spring, or occurring in the course of a stream; a reservoir for water; as, the pools of Solomon.
- A small body of still water.
- An accumulation of standing liquid; a puddle: a pool of blood.
- A deep or still place in a stream.
- A swimming pool.
- An underground accumulation of petroleum or gas in porous sedimentary rock.
- To form pools or a pool: The receding tide pooled in hollows along the shore.
- To accumulate in a body part: preventing blood from pooling in the limbs.
- A game of chance, resembling a lottery, in which the contestants put staked money into a common fund that is later paid to the winner.
- A fund containing all the money bet in a game of chance or on the outcome of an event.
- A grouping of resources for the common advantage of the participants: a pool of implements for the use of all the workers on the estate; forming a pool of our talents.
- An available supply, the use of which is shared by a group.
- A group of journalists who cover an event and then by agreement share their reports with participating news media: the White House press pool.
- A mutual fund established by a group of stockholders for speculating in or manipulating prices of securities.
- The persons or parties participating in such a fund.
- An agreement between competing business concerns to establish controls over production, market, and prices for common profit.
- Any of several games played on a six-pocket billiards table usually with 15 object balls and a cue ball. Also called pocket billiards.
- To put into a fund for use by all: Let's pool our resources to finish the project quickly.
- To join or form a pool.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
മേശപ്പന്താട്ടമത്സരം - Meshappanthaattamathsaram | Meshappanthattamathsaram ;കായല് - Kaayal | Kayal ;കാസാരം - Kaasaaram | Kasaram ;പോപ്പ് - Poppu ;ബീല്ല്യാർഡ്സ് കളി - Beellyaardsu Kali | Beellyardsu Kali ;ജലാശയം - Jalaashayam | Jalashayam ;