To fall by, or as by, the force of gravity; to descend lower and lower; to decline gradually; to subside; as, a stone sinks in water; waves rise and sink; the sun sinks in the west.
- To descend to the bottom; submerge.
- To fall or drop to a lower level, especially to go down slowly or in stages: The water in the lake sank several feet during the long, dry summer.
- To subside or settle gradually, as a massive or weighty structure.
- To appear to move downward, as the sun or moon in setting.
- To slope downward; incline.
- To pass into a specified condition: She sank into a deep sleep.
- To deteriorate in quality or condition: The patient is sinking fast. The family sank into a state of disgrace.
- To diminish, as in value.
- To become weaker, quieter, or less forceful: His voice sank to a whisper.
- To drop or fall slowly, as from weakness or fatigue: The exhausted runner sank to the ground.
- To feel great disappointment or discouragement: Her heart sank within her.
- To seep or soak; penetrate: The water is sinking into the ground.
- To make an impression; become felt or understood: The meaning finally sank in.
- To cause to descend beneath a surface: sink a ship.
- To cause to drop or lower: sank the bucket into the well.
- To force into the ground: sink a piling.
- To dig or drill (a mine or well) in the earth.
- To occupy the full attention of; engross.
- To make weaker, quieter, or less forceful.
- To reduce in quantity or worth.
- To debase the nature of; degrade.
- To bring to a low or ruined state; defeat or destroy.
- To suppress or hide: He sank his arrogance and apologized.
- Informal To defeat, as in a game.
- To invest: sink money into a new housing project.
- To invest without any prospect of return.
- To pay off (a debt).
- Sports To get (a ball) into a hole or basket.
- A water basin fixed to a wall or floor and having a drainpipe and generally a piped supply of water.
- A cesspool.
- A sinkhole.
- A natural or artificial means of absorbing or removing a substance or a form of energy from a system.
- A place regarded as wicked and corrupt.
- sink or swim Informal To fail or succeed without alternative.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
പൂഴുക - Poozhuka ;അഴുക്കുവെള്ളതൊട്ടി - Azhukkuvellathotti ;അഴുക്കുവെള്ള സംഭരണി - Azhukkuvella Sambharani ;വിവരങ്ങള് ചെന്നെത്തുന്ന സ്ഥലം അഥവാ യൂണിറ്റ് - Vivarangal Chenneththunna Sthalam Athavaa Yoonittu | Vivarangal Chennethunna Sthalam Athava Yoonittu ;കൊടുത്തുതീര്ക്കുക - Koduththutheerkkuka | Koduthutheerkkuka ;ക്ഷയിക്കുക - Kshayikkuka ;