The rim, border, or upper edge of a cup, dish, or any hollow vessel used for holding anything.
- The rim or uppermost edge of a hollow container or natural basin.
- A projecting rim or edge: the brim of a hat.
- A border or an edge. See Synonyms at border.
- Full capacity: "No sooner had the fighting started than the hotel filled to the brim with a most extraordinary collection of people” ( George Orwell).
- To be full to the brim, often to overflowing: The cup is brimming with chowder.
- To be abundantly filled or supplied: a monument brimming with tourists; workers brimming with pride.
- To fill to the brim.