A fillet or narrow woven fabric, commonly of silk, used for trimming some part of a woman's attire, for badges, and other decorative purposes.
- A narrow strip or band of fine fabric, such as satin or velvet, finished at the edges and used for trimming, tying, or finishing.
- Something, such as a tape measure, that resembles a ribbon.
- A long thin strip: a ribbon of land along the shore.
- Tattered or ragged strips: a dress torn to ribbons.
- An inked strip of cloth used for making an impression, as in a typewriter.
- A band of colored cloth signifying membership in an order or the award of a prize.
- A strip of colored cloth worn on the left breast of a uniform to indicate the award of a medal or decoration.
- Informal Reins for driving horses.
- See ledger board.
- To decorate or tie with ribbons.
- To tear into ribbons or shreds.