To strike, as with or against anything large or solid; to thump; as, to bump the head against a wall.
- To strike or collide with.
- To cause to knock against an obstacle.
- To knock to a new position; shift: bumped the crate out of the way.
- To shake up and down; jolt: bumped the child on her knee; was bumped about on a rough flight.
- To displace from a position within a group or organization.
- To deprive (a passenger) of a reserved seat because of overbooking.
- To raise; boost: bump up the price of gasoline.
- Sports To pass (a volleyball) by redirecting it with the forearms.
- To hit or knock against something.
- To proceed with jerks and jolts: bumped along slowly over the rocky terrain.
- Sports To bump a volleyball.
- A blow, collision, or jolt.
- The sound of something bumping: heard a loud bump in the dark.
- A raised or rounded spot; a bulge.
- A slight swelling or lump.
- Something, such as unevenness or a hole in a road, that causes a bump.
- A rise or increase, as in prices or enrollment.
- One of the natural protuberances on the human skull, considered to have significance in phrenology.
- A forward thrust of the pelvis, as in a burlesque striptease.
- Sports A pass in volleyball made by redirecting the ball with the inside of the forearms, especially when extended and held together.
- Slang A shot of hard liquor, sometimes accompanied by a beer chaser.
- bump into To meet by chance: I often bump into him at the supermarket.
- bump off Slang To murder.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ഒച്ചയുണ്ടാക്കി എറിയുക - Ochayundaakki Eriyuka | Ochayundakki Eriyuka ;റോഡിലും മറ്റും സ്ഥാപിക്കുന്ന ബംപ് - Rodilum Mattum Sthaapikkunna Bampu | Rodilum Mattum Sthapikkunna Bampu ;വലിയ ശബ്ദമുണ്ടാക്കുക - Valiya Shabdhamundaakkuka | Valiya Shabdhamundakkuka ;തട്ടുക - Thattuka ;ഇടി - Idi ;അടി - Adi ;