To shut or fasten together with, or as with, a clasp; to shut or fasten (a clasp, or that which fastens with a clasp).
- A fastening, such as a hook or buckle, used to hold two or more objects or parts together.
- An embrace or hug.
- A grip or grasp of the hand.
- A small metal bar or other device attached to the ribbon of a military decoration to indicate the action or service for which it was awarded or an additional award of the same medal.
- To fasten with or as if with a clasp.
- To hold in a tight embrace.
- To grip firmly in or with the hand; grasp.