To fix firmly; to make fast; to secure, as by a knot, lock, bolt, etc.; as, to fasten a chain to the feet; to fasten a door or window.
- To attach firmly to something else, as by pinning or nailing.
- To make fast or secure.
- To close, as by fixing firmly in place.
- To fix or direct steadily: fastened her gaze on the stranger.
- To place; attribute: fastened the blame on the weather.
- To impose (oneself) without welcome.
- To become attached, fixed, or joined.
- To take firm hold; cling fast: fasten on a notion.
- To focus steadily; concentrate: All eyes fastened on the speaker.