That which hinders or impedes motion; hence, an encumbrance, restraint, or impediment, of any kind.
- An obstruction or hindrance.
- A weight, such as a block, attached to the leg of an animal to hinder movement.
- A heavy, usually wooden-soled shoe.
- To obstruct movement on or in; block up: Heavy traffic clogged the freeways.
- To hamper the function or activity of; impede: "attorneys clogging our courts with actions designed to harass state and local governments” ( Roslyn L. Anderson and Patricia L. Irvin).
- To become obstructed or choked up: The pipes had clogged with rust.
- To thicken or stick together; clot.
- To do a clog dance.