The "beans" or "berries" (pyrenes) obtained from the drupes of a small evergreen tree of the genus Coffea, growing in Abyssinia, Arabia, Persia, and other warm regions of Asia and Africa, and also in tropical America.
- Any of various tropical African shrubs or trees of the genus Coffea, especially C. arabica, widely cultivated in the tropics for their seeds that are dried, roasted, and ground to prepare a stimulating aromatic drink.
- The beanlike seeds of this plant, enclosed within a pulpy fruit.
- The beverage prepared from the seeds of this plant.
- A moderate brown to dark brown or dark grayish brown.
- An informal social gathering at which coffee and other refreshments are served.