The prepared leaves of a shrub, or small tree (Thea, or Camellia, Chinensis). The shrub is a native of China, but has been introduced to some extent into some other countries.
- An eastern Asian evergreen shrub or small tree (Camellia sinensis) having fragrant, nodding, cup-shaped white flowers and glossy leaves.
- The young, dried leaves of this plant, prepared by various processes and used to make a hot beverage.
- An aromatic, slightly bitter beverage made by steeping tea leaves in boiling water.
- Any of various beverages, made as by steeping the leaves of certain plants or by extracting an infusion especially from beef.
- Any of various plants having leaves used to make a tealike beverage.
- A tea rose.
- Chiefly British An afternoon refreshment consisting usually of sandwiches and cakes served with tea.
- Chiefly British High tea.
- An afternoon reception or social gathering at which tea is served.
- Slang Marijuana.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
തേയിലച്ചെടി - Theyilachedi ;തേയിലവെള്ളം - Theyilavellam ;ചായയില - Chaayayila | Chayayila ;ചായ കുടിക്കുക - Chaaya Kudikkuka | Chaya Kudikkuka ;പൂവ് - Poovu ;ഇലവെന്തവെള്ളം - Ilaventhavellam ;