Composed of two or more parts; composite; not simple; as, a complex being; a complex idea.
- Consisting of interconnected or interwoven parts; composite.
- Composed of two or more units: a complex carbohydrate.
- Involved or intricate, as in structure; complicated.
- Grammar Consisting of at least one bound form. Used of a word.
- Grammar Consisting of an independent clause and at least one other independent or dependent clause. Used of a sentence.
- A whole composed of interconnected or interwoven parts: a complex of cities and suburbs; the military-industrial complex.
- In psychology, a group of related, often repressed ideas and impulses that compel characteristic or habitual patterns of thought, feelings, and behavior. No longer in scientific use.
- An exaggerated or obsessive concern or fear.
- Medicine The combination of factors, symptoms, or signs of a disease or disorder that forms a syndrome.