Consecrated; devoted; dedicated; sacred.
- To declare or set apart as sacred: consecrate a church.
- Christianity To produce the ritual transformation of (the elements of the Eucharist) into the body and blood of Jesus.
- Christianity To sanctify (bread and wine) for use in Communion.
- Christianity To initiate (a priest) into the order of bishops.
- To dedicate solemnly to a service or goal. See Synonyms at devote.
- To make venerable; hallow: a tradition consecrated by time.
- Dedicated to a sacred purpose; sanctified.