The outline of a figure or body, or the line or lines representing such an outline; the line that bounds; periphery.
- The outline of a figure, body, or mass.
- A line that represents such an outline. See Synonyms at form, outline.
- A surface, especially of a curving form. Often used in the plural.
- A contour line.
- Linguistics The distinctive rising and falling patterns of pitch, tone, or stress.
- To make or shape the outline of; represent in contour.
- To build (a road, for example) to follow the contour of the land.
- Following the contour lines of uneven terrain to limit erosion of topsoil: contour plowing.
- Shaped to fit the outline or form of something: a contour sheet.