An outline, or contour; as, the profile of an apple.
- A side view of an object or structure, especially of the human head.
- A representation of an object or structure seen from the side. See Synonyms at form.
- An outline of an object. See Synonyms at outline.
- Degree of exposure to public notice; visibility: preferred to keep a low profile.
- A biographical essay presenting the subject's most noteworthy characteristics and achievements.
- A formal summary or analysis of data, often in the form of a graph or table, representing distinctive features or characteristics: a psychological profile of a job applicant; a biochemical profile of blood.
- Geology A vertical section of soil or rock showing the sequence of the various layers.
- To draw or shape a profile of.
- To produce a profile of.