Representing by imitation or likeness; having a resemblance to something else; portrayed.
- To make a copy of, usually with the intent to defraud; forge: counterfeits money.
- To make a pretense of; feign: counterfeited interest in the story.
- To carry on a deception; dissemble.
- To make fraudulent copies of something valuable.
- Made in imitation of what is genuine with the intent to defraud: a counterfeit dollar bill.
- Simulated; feigned: a counterfeit illness.
- A fraudulent imitation or facsimile.