Belonging to, or proceeding from, the original stock; native; hence, not counterfeit, spurious, false, or adulterated; authentic; real; natural; true; pure; as, a genuine text; a genuine production; genuine materials.
- Actually possessing the alleged or apparent attribute or character: genuine leather.
- Not spurious or counterfeit; authentic. See Synonyms at authentic.
- Honestly felt or experienced: genuine devotion.
- Actual; real: a genuine dilemma.
- Free from hypocrisy or dishonesty; sincere.
- Being of pure or original stock: a genuine Hawaiian.