To have adequate or sufficient courage for any purpose; to be bold or venturesome; not to be afraid; to venture.
- To have the courage required for: The gymnast dared a breathtakingly difficult move.
- To challenge (someone) to do something requiring boldness: They dared me to dive off the high board.
- To confront or oppose boldly. See Synonyms at defy.
- To be courageous or bold enough to do or try something: Go ahead and dive if you dare.
- To be courageous or bold enough to: I dare not say. How dare she go?
- An act of daring; a challenge.