The act of reducing in rank, character, or reputation, or of abasing; a lowering from one's standing or rank in office or society; diminution; as, the degradation of a peer, a knight, a general, or a bishop.
- The act or process of degrading.
- The state of being degraded; degeneration.
- A decline to a lower condition, quality, or level.
- Geology A general lowering of the earth's surface by erosion or weathering.
- Chemistry Decomposition of a compound by stages, exhibiting well-defined intermediate products.
- Computer Science The state in which a computer operates when some of its memory or peripherals are not available.