Any foul of filthy substance, as excrement, mud, dust, etc.; whatever, adhering to anything, renders it foul or unclean; earth; as, a wagonload of dirt.
- Earth or soil.
- A filthy or soiling substance, such as mud or dust.
- A squalid or filthy condition.
- One that is mean, contemptible, or vile.
- Obscene language or subject matter.
- Malicious or scandalous gossip.
- Information that embarrasses or accuses.
- Unethical behavior or practice; corruption.
- Material, such as gravel or slag, from which metal is extracted in mining.