Fine particles of stone, esp. of siliceous stone, but not reduced to dust; comminuted stone in the form of loose grains, which are not coherent when wet.
- Small loose grains of worn or disintegrated rock.
- Geology A sedimentary material, finer than a granule and coarser than silt, with grains between 0.06 and 2.0 millimeters in diameter.
- A tract of land covered with sand, as a beach or desert. Often used in the plural.
- The loose, granular, gritty particles in an hourglass.
- Moments of allotted time or duration: "The sands are numb'red that makes up my life” ( Shakespeare).
- Slang Courage; stamina; perseverance: "She had more sand in her than any girl I ever see; in my opinion she was just full of sand” ( Mark Twain).
- A light grayish brown to yellowish gray.
- To sprinkle or cover with or as if with sand.
- To polish or scrape with sand or sandpaper.
- To mix with sand.
- To fill up (a harbor) with sand.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ചുണ - Chuna ;മണല് പ്രദേശം - Manal Pradhesham ;മണൽ - Manal ;മണല് - Manal ;മണലില് പൂഴ്ത്തുക - Manalil Poozhththuka | Manalil Poozhthuka ;മരുഭൂമി - Marubhoomi ;