Springing back; having a power or inherent property of returning to the form from which a substance is bent, drawn, pressed, or twisted; springy; having the power of rebounding; as, a bow is elastic; the air is elastic; India rubber is elastic.
- Easily resuming original shape after being stretched or expanded; flexible. See Synonyms at flexible.
- Springy; rebounding.
- Physics Returning to or capable of returning to an initial form or state after deformation.
- Quick to recover, as from disappointment: an elastic spirit.
- Capable of adapting to change or a variety of circumstances.
- A flexible stretchable fabric made with interwoven strands of rubber or an imitative synthetic fiber.
- An object made of this fabric.
- A rubber band.