Consisting of matter; not spiritual; corporeal; physical; as, material substance or bodies.
- The substance or substances out of which a thing is or can be made.
- Something, such as an idea or information, that is to be refined and made or incorporated into a finished effort: material for a comedy.
- Tools or apparatus for the performance of a given task: writing materials.
- Yard goods or cloth.
- A person who is qualified or suited for a position or activity: The members of the board felt that she was vice-presidential material.
- Of, relating to, or composed of matter.
- Of, relating to, or affecting physical well-being; bodily: "the moral and material welfare of all good citizens” ( Theodore Roosevelt).
- Of or concerned with the physical as distinct from the intellectual or spiritual: "Great men are they who see that spiritual is stronger than any material force, that thoughts rule the world” ( Ralph Waldo Emerson).
- Being both relevant and consequential; crucial: testimony material to the inquiry. See Synonyms at relevant.
- Philosophy Of or relating to the matter of reasoning, rather than the form.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ഭൂതം - Bhootham ;മൂര്ത്തമായ - Moorththamaaya | Moorthamaya ;ഘടകം - Ghadakam ;ജഡികമായ - Jadikamaaya | Jadikamaya ;ആവശ്യകമായ - Aavashyakamaaya | avashyakamaya ;അനാത്മീയമായ - Anaathmeeyamaaya | Anathmeeyamaya ;