A fabric made of fibrous material (or sometimes of wire, as in wire cloth); commonly, a woven fabric of cotton, woolen, or linen, adapted to be made into garments; specifically, woolen fabrics, as distinguished from all others.
- Fabric or material formed by weaving, knitting, pressing, or felting natural or synthetic fibers.
- A piece of fabric or material used for a specific purpose, as a tablecloth.
- Nautical Canvas.
- Nautical A sail.
- The characteristic attire of a profession, especially that of the clergy.
- The clergy: a man of the cloth.
- in cloth With a clothbound binding; as a clothbound book.