Lacking strength; weak; languid; inclined to swoon; as, faint with fatigue, hunger, or thirst.
- Lacking strength or vigor; feeble.
- Lacking conviction, boldness, or courage; timid.
- Lacking brightness: a faint light in the gloom.
- Lacking clarity or distinctness: a faint recollection.
- Likely to fall into a faint; dizzy and weak: felt faint for a moment.
- An abrupt, usually brief loss of consciousness, generally associated with failure of normal blood circulation. See Synonyms at blackout.
- To fall into a usually brief state of unconsciousness.
- Archaic To weaken in purpose or spirit.