The rent of land, -- originally paid by reservation of part of its products.
- A tract of land cultivated for the purpose of agricultural production.
- A tract of land devoted to the raising and breeding of domestic animals.
- An area of water devoted to the raising, breeding, or production of a specific aquatic animal: a trout farm; an oyster farm.
- An area of land devoted to the storage of a commodity or the emplacement of a group of devices: a tank farm; an antenna farm.
- Baseball A minor-league club affiliated with a major-league club for the training of recruits and the maintenance of temporarily unneeded players.
- Obsolete The system of leasing out the rights of collecting and retaining taxes in a certain district.
- Obsolete A district so leased.
- To cultivate or produce a crop on.
- To pay a fixed sum in order to have the right to collect and retain profits from (a business, for example).
- To turn over (a business, for example) to another in return for the payment of a fixed sum.
- To engage in farming.
- farm out To send (work, for example) from a central point to be done elsewhere.
- farm out Baseball To assign (a player) to a minor-league team.