The limb of the human body which extends from the shoulder to the hand; also, the corresponding limb of a monkey.
- An upper limb of the human body, connecting the hand and wrist to the shoulder.
- A part similar to a human arm, such as the forelimb of an animal or a long part projecting from a central support in a machine.
- Something, such as a sleeve on a garment or a support on a chair, that is designed to cover or support the human arm.
- A relatively narrow extension jutting out from a large mass: an arm of the sea. See Synonyms at branch.
- An administrative or functional branch, as of an organization.
- Power or authority: the long arm of the law.
- Sports The skill of throwing or pitching a ball well.
- an arm and a leg Slang An excessively high price: a cruise that cost an arm and a leg.
- arm in arm With arms linked together: They walked across the beach arm in arm.
- at arm's length At such a distance that physical or social contact is discouraged: kept the newcomer at arm's length at first.
- with open arms With great cordiality and hospitality.
- A weapon, especially a firearm: troops bearing arms; ICBMs, bombs, and other nuclear arms.
- A branch of a military force: infantry, armor, and other combat arms.
- Warfare: a call to arms against the invaders.
- Military service: several million volunteers under arms; the profession of arms.
- Heraldry Bearings.
- Insignia, as of a state, an official, a family, or an organization.
- To supply or equip oneself with weaponry.
- To prepare oneself for warfare or conflict.
- To equip with weapons: armed themselves with loaded pistols; arm a missile with a warhead; arm a nation for war.
- To equip with what is needed for effective action: tax advisers who were armed with the latest forms.
- To provide with something that strengthens or protects: a space reentry vehicle that was armed with a ceramic shield.
- To prepare (a weapon) for use or operation, as by releasing a safety device.
- up in arms Extremely upset; indignant.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
സൈനികസേവനം - Sainikasevanam ;യുദ്ധപരാക്രമങ്ങള് - Yuddhaparaakramangal | Yudhaparakramangal ;ഭുജം - Bhujam ;കൈത്തണ്ട് - Kaiththandu | Kaithandu ;കൈ - Kai ;ദോഷാ - Dhoshaa | Dhosha ;