Settled condition or form of existence; state; condition or circumstances of life or of any person; situation.
- A landed property, usually of considerable size.
- The whole of one's possessions, especially all the property and debts left by one at death.
- Law The nature and extent of an owner's rights with respect to land or other property.
- Chiefly British A housing development.
- The situation or circumstances of one's life: A child's estate gives way to the adult's estate.
- Social position or rank, especially of high order.
- A major social class, such as the clergy, the nobility, or the commons, formerly possessing distinct political rights.
- Archaic Display of wealth or power; pomp.