A structure intended or used as a habitation or shelter for animals of any kind; but especially, a building or edifice for the habitation of man; a dwelling place, a mansion.
- A structure serving as a dwelling for one or more persons, especially for a family.
- A household or family.
- Something, such as a burrow or shell, that serves as a shelter or habitation for a wild animal.
- A dwelling for a group of people, such as students or members of a religious community, who live together as a unit: a sorority house.
- A building that functions as the primary shelter or location of something: a carriage house; the lion house at the zoo.
- A facility, such as a theater or restaurant, that provides entertainment or food for the public: a movie house; the specialty of the house.
- The audience or patrons of such an establishment: a full house.
- A commercial firm: a brokerage house.
- A publishing company: a house that specializes in cookbooks.
- A gambling casino.
- Slang A house of prostitution.
- A residential college within a university.
- A legislative or deliberative assembly.
- The hall or chamber in which such an assembly meets.
- A quorum of such an assembly.
- A family line including ancestors and descendants, especially a royal or noble family: the House of Orange.
- One of the 12 parts into which the heavens are divided in astrology.
- The sign of the zodiac indicating the seat or station of a planet in the heavens. Also called mansion.
- House music.
- To provide living quarters for; lodge: The cottage housed ten students.
- To shelter, keep, or store in or as if in a house: a library housing rare books.
- To contain; harbor.
- To fit into a socket or mortise.
- Nautical To secure or stow safely.
- To reside; dwell.
- To take shelter.
- on fire Informal In an extremely speedy manner: ran away like a house on fire; tickets that sold like a house afire.
- on the house At the expense of the establishment; free: food and drinks on the house.
- put To organize one's affairs in a sensible, logical way.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ഗര്ത്തം - Garththam | Gartham ;ഘരം - Gharam ;നിഷദനം - Nishadhanam ;വസതി - Vasathi ;ഉപവസ്ഥം - Upavastham ;നികേതനം - Nikethanam ;