That quality of anything which affects the smell; odor; fragrances; as, the flavor of a rose.
- Distinctive taste; savor: a flavor of smoke in bacon. See Synonyms at taste.
- A distinctive yet intangible quality felt to be characteristic of a given thing: "What matters in literature . . . is surely the idiosyncratic, the individual, the flavor or color of a particular human suffering” ( Harold Bloom).
- A flavoring: contains no artificial flavors.
- Physics Any of six classifications of quark varieties (up, down, strange, charm, top, and bottom), distinguished by mass and electric charge.
- Archaic Aroma; fragrance.
- To give flavor to.