To try by the touch; to handle; as, to taste a bow.
- To distinguish the flavor of by taking into the mouth.
- To eat or drink a small quantity of.
- To partake of, especially for the first time; experience.
- To perceive as if by the sense of taste.
- Archaic To appreciate or enjoy.
- To distinguish flavors in the mouth.
- To have a distinct flavor: The stew tastes salty.
- To eat or drink a small amount.
- To have experience or enjoyment; partake: tasted of the life of the very rich.
- The sense that distinguishes the sweet, sour, salty, and bitter qualities of dissolved substances in contact with the taste buds on the tongue.
- This sense in combination with the senses of smell and touch, which together receive a sensation of a substance in the mouth.
- The sensation of sweet, sour, salty, or bitter qualities produced by or as if by a substance placed in the mouth.
- The unified sensation produced by any of these qualities plus a distinct smell and texture; flavor.
- A distinctive perception as if by the sense of taste: an experience that left a bad taste in my mouth.
- The act of tasting.
- A small quantity eaten or tasted.
- A limited or first experience; a sample: "Thousands entered the war, got just a taste of it, and then stepped out” ( Mark Twain).
- A personal preference or liking: a taste for adventure.
- The faculty of discerning what is aesthetically excellent or appropriate.
- A manner indicative of the quality of such discernment: a room furnished with superb taste.
- The sense of what is proper, seemly, or least likely to give offense in a given social situation.
- A manner indicative of the quality of this sense.
- Obsolete The act of testing; trial.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
രുചിച്ചു നോക്കിയ അംശം - Ruchichu Nokkiya Amsham ;രുചിനോക്കല് - Ruchinokkal ;സ്വാദം - Svaadham | swadham ;പങ്കുണ്ടാകുക - Pankundaakuka | Pankundakuka ;സ്വാദ് - Svaadhu | swadhu ;സ്വാദ് - Svaadhu | swadhu ;