A composition of condiments and appetizing ingredients eaten with food as a relish; especially, a dressing for meat or fish or for puddings; as, mint sauce; sweet sauce, etc.
- A flavorful seasoning or relish served as an accompaniment to food, especially a liquid dressing or topping for food.
- Stewed fruit, usually served with other foods.
- Something that adds zest, flavor, or piquancy.
- Informal Impudent speech or behavior; impertinence or sauciness.
- Slang Alcoholic liquor.
- To season or flavor with sauce.
- To add piquancy or zest to.
- Informal To be impertinent or impudent to.