Out of the neighborhood of; lessening or losing proximity to; leaving behind; by reason of; out of; by aid of; -- used whenever departure, setting out, commencement of action, being, state, occurrence, etc., or procedure, emanation, absence, separation, etc., are to be expressed. It is construed with, and indicates, the point of space or time at which the action, state, etc., are regarded as setting out or beginning; also, less frequently, the source, the cause, the occasion, out of which anything proceeds; -- the antithesis and correlative of to; as, it, is one hundred miles from Boston to Springfield; he took his sword from his side; light proceeds from the sun; separate the coarse wool from the fine; men have all sprung from Adam, and often go from good to bad, and from bad to worse; the merit of an action depends on the principle from which it proceeds; men judge of facts from personal knowledge, or from testimony.
- Used to indicate a specified place or time as a starting point: walked home from the station; from six o'clock on. See Usage Notes at escape, whence.
- Used to indicate a specified point as the first of two limits: from grades four to six.
- Used to indicate a source, cause, agent, or instrument: a note from the teacher; taking a book from the shelf.
- Used to indicate separation, removal, or exclusion: keep someone from making a mistake; liberation from bondage.
- Used to indicate differentiation: know right from wrong.
- Because of: faint from hunger.
- from away Chiefly Maine Not native to a state or locality.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
നിന്ന് - Ninnu ;മുതല് - Muthal ;തൊട്ട് - Thottu ;എന്തിലെങ്കിലും അഥവാ ആരിലെങ്കിലും നിന്ന് എന്ന് സൂചിപ്പിക്കാനുപയോഗിക്കുന്ന വിഭക്ത്യുപസർഗ്ഗം - Enthilenkilum Athavaa Aarilenkilum Ninnu Ennu Soochippikkaanupayogikkunna Vibhakthyupasarggam | Enthilenkilum Athava arilenkilum Ninnu Ennu Soochippikkanupayogikkunna Vibhakthyupasarggam ;അന്തര - Anthara ;കൊണ്ട് - Kondu ;