Light vapor or smoke in the air which more or less impedes vision, with little or no dampness; a lack of transparency in the air; hence, figuratively, obscurity; dimness.
- Atmospheric moisture, dust, smoke, and vapor that diminishes visibility.
- A partially opaque covering: Let the polish dry to a haze before buffing it.
- A vague or confused state of mind.
- To become misty or hazy; blur.
- To persecute or harass with meaningless, difficult, or humiliating tasks.
- To initiate, as into a college fraternity, by exacting humiliating performances from or playing rough practical jokes upon.