A learning or knowing by inquiry; the knowledge of facts and events, so obtained; hence, a formal statement of such information; a narrative; a description; a written record; as, the history of a patient's case; the history of a legislative bill.
- A usually chronological record of events, as of the life or development of a people or institution, often including an explanation of or commentary on those events: a history of the Vikings.
- A formal written account of related natural phenomena: a history of volcanoes.
- A record of a patient's medical background.
- An established record or pattern of behavior: an inmate with a history of substance abuse.
- The branch of knowledge that records and analyzes past events: "History has a long-range perspective” ( Elizabeth Gurley Flynn).
- The past events relating to a particular thing: The history of their rivalry is full of intrigue.
- The aggregate of past events or human affairs: basic tools used throughout history.
- An interesting past: a house with history.
- Something that belongs to the past: Their troubles are history now.
- Slang One that is no longer worth consideration: Why should we worry about him? He's history!
- A drama based on historical events: the histories of Shakespeare.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
സീറത്ത് - Seeraththu | Seerathu ;കാരണികം - Kaaranikam | Karanikam ;വൃത്താന്തം - Vruththaantham | Vruthantham ;സംഭവവിവരണം - Sambhavavivaranam ;ഇതിഹാസം - Ithihaasam | Ithihasam ;ഭൂലോകചരിത്രം - Bhoolokacharithram ;