To send whirling or whizzing through the air; to throw with violence; to drive with great force; as, to hurl a stone or lance.
- To throw with great force; fling. See Synonyms at throw.
- To send with great vigor; thrust: hurled the army against the enemy.
- To throw down; overthrow.
- To utter vehemently: hurled insults at the speaker.
- Slang To vomit (the contents of the stomach).
- To move with great speed, force, or violence; hurtle.
- To throw something with force.
- Slang To vomit.
- Baseball To pitch the ball.