Wanton or unrestrained behavior; uproar; tumult.
- A wild or turbulent disturbance created by a large number of people.
- Law A violent disturbance of the public peace by three or more persons assembled for a common purpose.
- An unrestrained outbreak, as of laughter or passions.
- A profusion: The garden was a riot of colors in August.
- Unrestrained merrymaking; revelry.
- Slang An irresistibly funny person or thing: Isn't she a riot?
- To take part in a riot.
- To live wildly or engage in uncontrolled revelry.
- To waste (money or time) in wild or wanton living: "rioted his life out, and made an end” ( Tennyson).