A natural elevation of land, or a mass of earth rising above the common level of the surrounding land; an eminence less than a mountain.
- A well-defined natural elevation smaller than a mountain.
- A small heap, pile, or mound.
- A mound of earth piled around and over a plant.
- A plant thus covered.
- An incline, especially of a road; a slope.
- Capitol Hill. Often used with the.
- The U.S. Congress. Often used with the.
- To form into a hill, pile, or heap.
- To cover (a plant) with a mound of soil.
- over the hill Informal Past one's prime.