Inward; interior; being within any limit or surface; inclosed; -- opposed to external; as, the internal parts of a body, or of the earth.
- Of, relating to, or located within the limits or surface; inner.
- Residing in or dependent on essential nature; intrinsic: the internal contradictions of the theory.
- Located, acting, or effective within the body.
- Of or relating to mental or spiritual nature: "An internal sense of righteousness dwindles into an external concern for reputation” ( A.R. Gurney, Jr.)
- Of or relating to the domestic affairs of a nation, group, or business.