The act of joining, or the state of being joined; union; combination; coalition; as, the junction of two armies or detachments; the junction of paths.
- The act or process of joining or the condition of being joined.
- A place where two things join or meet, especially a place where two roads or railway routes come together and one terminates.
- A transition layer or boundary between two different materials or between physically different regions in a single material, especially:
- A connection between conductors or sections of a transmission line.
- The interface between two different semiconductor regions in a semiconductor device.
- A mechanical or alloyed contact between different metals or other materials, as in a thermocouple.