The place or part where two things or parts are joined or united; the union of two or more smooth or even surfaces admitting of a close-fitting or junction; junction; as, a joint between two pieces of timber; a joint in a pipe.
- A place or part at which two or more things are joined.
- A way in which two or more things are joined: a mortise-and-tenon joint; flexible joints.
- Anatomy A point of articulation between two or more bones, especially such a connection that allows motion.
- Anatomy A point in the exoskeleton of an invertebrate at which movable parts join, as along the leg of an arthropod.
- Botany An articulation on a fruit or stem, such as the node of a grass stem.
- Geology A fracture or crack in a rock mass along which no appreciable movement has occurred.
- A large cut of meat for roasting.
- Slang A cheap or disreputable gathering place: "The tavern is . . . just a joint with Formica tables, a vinyl floor, lights over the mirrors” ( Scott Turow).
- Slang A building or dwelling.
- Slang A prison. Often used with the.
- Slang A marijuana cigarette.
- Vulgar Slang A penis.
- Shared by or common to two or more: our joint presence; a joint income-tax return.
- Sharing with another or others: a joint tenant.
- Formed or characterized by cooperation or united action: joint military maneuvers.
- Involving both houses of a legislature: a joint session of Congress.
- Law Regarded as one legal body; united in identity of interest or liability.
- Mathematics Involving two or more variables.
- To combine or attach with a joint or joints: securely jointed the sides of the drawer.
- To provide or construct with joints: joint a boom on a crane.
- To separate (meat) at the joints.
- out of joint Dislocated, as a bone.
- out of joint Not harmonious; inconsistent.
- out of joint Out of order; inauspicious or unsatisfactory.
- out of joint In bad spirits or humor; out of sorts.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ഒന്നിച്ചു പ്രവര്ത്തിക്കുന്ന - Onnichu Pravarththikkunna | Onnichu Pravarthikkunna ;ബന്ധം - Bandham ;സംയുക്ത - Samyuktha ;യോജിച്ചുള്ള - Yojichulla ;തുടക്കാരം - Thudakkaaram | Thudakkaram ;മുട്ടുകളുടെ ഇടയ്ക്കുള്ളസ്ഥലം - Muttukalude Idaykkullasthalam ;