To allow the custody and use of, on condition of the return of the same; to grant the temporary use of; as, to lend a book; -- opposed to borrow.
- To give or allow the use of temporarily on the condition that the same or its equivalent will be returned.
- To provide (money) temporarily on condition that the amount borrowed be returned, usually with an interest fee.
- To contribute or impart: Books and a fireplace lent a feeling of warmth to the room.
- To accommodate or offer (itself) to; be suitable for: The Bible lends itself to various interpretations.
- To make a loan. See Usage Note at loan.
- lend a hand To be of assistance.