One of a mixed race inhabiting Morocco, Algeria, Tunis, and Tripoli, chiefly along the coast and in towns.
- To make fast (a vessel, for example) by means of cables, anchors, or lines: moor a ship to a dock; a dirigible moored to a tower.
- To fix in place; secure. See Synonyms at fasten.
- To secure a vessel or an aircraft with lines or anchors.
- To be secured with lines or anchors: The freighter moored alongside the wharf.
- A broad area of open land, often high but poorly drained, with patches of heath and peat bogs.