An edible fungus (Agaricus campestris), having a white stalk which bears a convex or oven flattish expanded portion called the pileus. This is whitish and silky or somewhat scaly above, and bears on the under side radiating gills which are at first flesh-colored, but gradually become brown. The plant grows in rich pastures and is proverbial for rapidity of growth and shortness of duration. It has a pleasant smell, and is largely used as food. It is also cultivated from spawn.
- Any of various fleshy fungi of the class Basidiomycota, characteristically having an umbrella-shaped cap borne on a stalk, especially any of the edible kinds, as those of the genus Agaricus.
- Something shaped like one of these fungi.
- To multiply, grow, or expand rapidly: The population mushroomed in the postwar decades.
- To swell or spread out into a shape similar to a mushroom.
- Relating to, consisting of, or containing mushrooms: mushroom sauce.
- Resembling mushrooms in rapidity of growth or evanescence: mushroom towns.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ശീലീന്ധ്രം - Sheeleendhram ;നായ്ക്കുട - Naaykkuda | Naykkuda ;കവകം - Kavakam ;ഉച്ഛിലീന്ധ്രം - Uchchileendhram ;കൂണ് - Koonu ;അല്പനാളില് വലിയ സ്ഥിതി പ്രാപിച്ചവന് - Alpanaalil Valiya Sthithi Praapichavan | Alpanalil Valiya Sthithi Prapichavan ;