Of or pertaining to plants; having the nature of, or produced by, plants; as, a vegetable nature; vegetable growths, juices, etc.
- A plant cultivated for an edible part, such as the root of the beet, the leaf of spinach, or the flower buds of broccoli or cauliflower.
- The edible part of such a plant.
- A member of the vegetable kingdom; a plant.
- Offensive Slang One who is severely impaired mentally and physically, as by brain injury or disease.
- One who is regarded as dull, passive, or unresponsive.
- Of, relating to, or derived from plants or a plant.
- Suggestive of or resembling a plant.
- Growing or multiplying like plants.