To look down upon from a place that is over or above; to look over or view from a higher position; to rise above, so as to command a view of; as, to overlook a valley from a hill.
- To look over or at from a higher place.
- To rise above, especially so as to afford a view over: The tower overlooks the sea.
- To fail to notice or consider; miss.
- To ignore deliberately or indulgently; disregard.
- To look over; examine.
- To watch over; oversee. See Synonyms at supervise.
- An elevated place that affords an extensive view: a scenic overlook.