To lose the remembrance of; to let go from the memory; to cease to have in mind; not to think of; also, to lose the power of; to cease from doing.
- To be unable to remember (something).
- To treat with thoughtless inattention; neglect: forget one's family.
- To leave behind unintentionally.
- To fail to mention.
- To banish from one's thoughts: forget a disgrace.
- Informal To disregard on purpose. Usually used in the imperative: Oh, forget it. I refuse to go!
- To cease remembering: Let's forgive and forget.
- To fail or neglect to become aware at the proper or specified moment: forgot about my dental appointment.
- forget (oneself) To lose one's reserve, temper, or self-restraint.