A title of courtesy prefixed to the name of a girl or a woman who has not been married. See Mistress, 5.
- To fail to hit, reach, catch, meet, or otherwise make contact with.
- To fail to perceive, understand, or experience: completely missed the point of the film.
- To fail to accomplish, achieve, or attain (a goal).
- To fail to attend or perform: never missed a day of work.
- To leave out; omit.
- To let go by; let slip: miss a chance.
- To escape or avoid: narrowly missed crashing into the tree.
- To discover the absence or loss of: I missed my book after getting off the bus.
- To feel the lack or loss of: Do you miss your family?
- To fail to hit or otherwise make contact with something: fired the final shot and missed again.
- To be unsuccessful; fail.
- To misfire, as an internal-combustion engine.
- A failure to hit, succeed, or find.
- The misfiring of an engine.
- miss fire To fail to discharge. Used of a firearm.
- miss fire To fail to achieve the anticipated result.
- miss out on To lose a chance for: missed out on the promotion.
- miss the boat Informal To fail to avail oneself of an opportunity.
- miss the boat Informal To fail to understand.
- Used as a courtesy title before the surname or full name of a girl or single woman. See Usage Note at Ms.
- Used as a form of polite address for a girl or young woman: I beg your pardon, miss.
- A young unmarried woman.
- Used in informal titles for a young woman to indicate the epitomizing of an attribute or activity: Miss Organization; Miss Opera.
- A series of clothing sizes for women and girls of average height and proportions.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
അവിവാഹിതകളുടെ മുമ്പില് ചേര്ക്കുന്ന ഉപചാരപദം - Avivaahithakalude Mumpil Cherkkunna Upachaarapadham | Avivahithakalude Mumpil Cherkkunna Upacharapadham ;അവസരം നഷ്ടപ്പെടുത്തുക - Avasaram Nashdappeduththuka | Avasaram Nashdappeduthuka ;പാഴാവുക - Paazhaavuka | Pazhavuka ;കുമാരി - Kumaari | Kumari ;പിഴ - Pizha ;കിട്ടാതിരിക്കല് - Kittaathirikkal | Kittathirikkal ;