- To be or place oneself at rest in a flat, horizontal, or recumbent position; recline: He lay under a tree to sleep.
- To be placed on or supported by a surface that is usually horizontal: Dirty dishes lay on the table. See Usage Note at lay1.
- To be or remain in a specified condition: The dust has lain undisturbed for years. He lay sick in bed.
- To exist; reside: Our sympathies lie with the plaintiff.
- To consist or have as a basis. Often used with in: The strength of his performance lies in his training.
- To occupy a position or place: The lake lies beyond this hill.
- To extend: Our land lies between these trees and the river.
- To be buried in a specified place.
- Law To be admissible or maintainable.
- Archaic To stay for a night or short while.
- The manner or position in which something is situated.
- A haunt or hiding place of an animal.
- Sports The position of a golf ball that has come to a stop.
- lie down To do little or nothing: He's lying down on the job.
- lie in To be in confinement for childbirth.
- lie to Nautical To remain stationary while facing the wind.
- lie with To be decided by, dependent on, or up to: The choice lies with you.
- lie with Archaic To have sexual intercourse with.
- lie To keep oneself or one's plans hidden.
- lie To bide one's time but remain ready for action.
- A false statement deliberately presented as being true; a falsehood.
- Something meant to deceive or give a wrong impression.
- To present false information with the intention of deceiving.
- To convey a false image or impression: Appearances often lie.
- To cause to be in a specific condition or affect in a specific way by telling falsehoods: You have lied yourself into trouble.
- lie through one's teeth To lie outrageously or brazenly.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
കള്ളം പറയുക - Kallam Parayuka ;പുളു - Pulu ;n. നുണ - N. നുണ ;തട്ടിപ്പ് - Thattippu ;കള്ളം - Kallam ;സ്ഥിതി ചെയ്യുക - Sthithi Cheyyuka ;