- Grass or other vegetation eaten as food by grazing animals.
- Ground on which such vegetation grows, especially that which is set aside for use by domestic grazing animals.
- The feeding or grazing of animals.
- To herd (animals) into a pasture to graze.
- To provide (animals) with pasturage. Used of land.
- To graze on (land or vegetation).
- To use (land) as pasture.
- To graze in a pasture.
- put out to pasture To herd (grazing animals) into pasturable land.
- put out to pasture Informal To retire or compel to retire from work or a full workload.